Would you believe I haven’t done a plaid nail art design before?? EVER?? The foundation of this nail art is based on soft pastels from my inspiration plaid PJ pants. I used a grey shade from Lacquer Lust and blue and pink from Essie.
Moyra is making their blog debut with this design. Their Fabric Texture stamping plate contains many great plaid choices and coordinating patterns. I had planned to double stamp the plaid pattern with dark grey and white but decided I liked it better this way.
- Apply 2 coats of Lacquer Lust Mist over basecoat on all nails and finish with Glisten & Glow HK Girl Fast Drying Topcoat.
- Use the polish brush to add random horizontal and vertical stripes of Essie Virgin Snow and Essie Fiji on index, middle and pinky nails. ⇒ TIP: Try to make the lines a bit straighter than mine!!
- Stamp the snowflake sweater pattern from Moyra Fabric Texture 02 onto thumb and ring nails using a Clear Jelly Stamper and Mundo de Unas White stamping polish.
- Use the same products to stamp a plaid pattern onto remaining nails. Loosely align the pattern with the freehand stripes using the Clear Jelly Stamper.
- Float a healthy coat of HK Girl topcoat over all nails.